Beautiful weather and mild temperatures make spring the perfect time to complete home remodeling projects. If you’ve been thinking about redoing the floor in your kitchen, now is your chance to get a whole new look in the area by incorporating one of this season’s hottest décor trends. From traditional hardwoods to high-tech laminate flooring, the following styles are currently all the rage.
- Hardwoods: Oak and cherry are classic choices that give the room a warm, natural feel. For a more environmentally friendly approach, go with bamboo or cork.
- Laminate: This material gives you the look and durability of hardwoods without the high price tag, and innovations such as quick step flooring make installation a breeze.
- Engineered hardwoods: Made of derivative wood products and composite materials, engineered hardwoods are a cost-effective substitute for the real thing.
- Linoleum: Once the only choice for kitchen floors, linoleum is staging a huge comeback these days thanks to the multitude of color and design options modern manufacturers give consumers.
- Tile: Porcelain, slate, and granite are among the most popular picks for kitchens.
- Vinyl: For those on a very tight budget, vinyl is worth a look. Not only is it the most affordable choice on this list, but it is also versatile and easy to maintain.
Changing your kitchen floor will give the entire room a brand-new look and feel, so don’t let another spring pass by without making the switch you’ve been dreaming of. Whether you decide to go with laminate flooring or a different type, you’ll love the effect on your home.