We’ve taken the most frequently asked questions from our chat feature and will be posting them weekly here on our Blog. Check back every week for new questions or go to our website and submit your own!
1. Q: Do you have a show room?
A: Best Laminates has two showrooms:
5400 Brookpark Road in Cleveland, Ohio and at 1610 West Jackson Street in Painesville, Ohio
Our showroom hours are Monday through Thursday 9am to 6pm, Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am -3pm
2. Q: Do you install?
A: We install locally in the Cleveland OH Area. Please call us for details.
3. Q: If I purchased the laminate through your company and had any warranty issues, how would that be handled?
A: All warranties are supported by the manufacturer so you would simply need to contact them. I recommend saving a couple box ends (with product specs), your invoice and the paperwork from one or two boxes with warranty contact and installation instructions in case you need to make a claim.
4. Q: I am planning on buying my laminate now but not installing it right away. Is this ok and what is the best way to store this for later use?
A: As long as you store the materials properly, away from any water and temperature extremes, storing the laminate for later use is fine. Also, you will want to make sure that you order enough materials to cover all of the areas of installation and extra material for waste, in case manufacturer discontinues the product.
5. Q: I have one dog who occasionally marks (urinates) and 2 cats. What features should I look for while choosing a laminate?
A: You would want to make sure you do not choose a bevel edge floor, especially if you may not always be home to clean up right away, and in terms of durability, you will want something that is at least AC3 rated.
6. Q: How can you tell quality laminate flooring from cheaper laminate flooring?
A: The quality of a material is indicated by AC Rating.
7. Q: How high do the AC Ratings go?
A: The highest AC rating is an AC6. Only Alloc has it on their commercial line products. An AC3 rating is appropriate for residential use. You can read more about the AC ratings here.
8. Q: How do you clean a laminate floor?
A: Vinegar and water works best. Use a 1 cup: 1gallon ratio with a damp (not wet) micro fiber mop. To learn more about how to clean your laminate flooring click here.
9. Q: Can I use a steam mop on laminate floors?
A: Yes, you can use a steam mop on laminate flooring. However, you need to be extremely careful not to saturate the laminate or leave any standing water on the surface.
10. Q: How much extra material do you typically recommend buying?
A: If you have a simple room with minimal cuts we would recommend buying 5-7% extra material. If there will be a lot of cutting involved you may want to purchase 7-10 % more material.