These are the official rules that regulate how the Bestlaminate’s Jingle contest will operate (“Contest”). In these rules, “we,” “our,” and “us” refer Bestlaminate, the sponsor of this Contest. “You” refers to an eligible Contest entrant.
This is a skill-based Contest. The object of this Contest is to videotape yourself performing an original “jingle” that you’ve written, descriBestlaminate the attributes of the Bestlaminate brand, flooring and services offered at www.Bestlaminate.net. For purposes of this Contest, each video you create and submit in the Contest will be called an “entry.” All eligible entries received will be judged using the criteria described below to determine the winners of the prizes described below.
WHAT ARE THE START AND END DATES?
This Contest starts at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (EST) on May 5, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 15, 2012. You can vote on the jingle till June 29, 2012. Entries must be received between May 5- June 15, 2012 to be considered eligible. Name of the winner will be posted on June 30, 2012.
CAN I ENTER?
You are eligible to enter this Contest if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- You are US Resident
- Participants may have multiple submissions as long as each submission is different
- Your entry cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest; and you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry
WHAT CONSTITUTES AN ELIGIBLE ENTRY?
To be eligible for judging an entry must meet the following content / technical requirements:
- The video is minimum 15 second long and cannot exceed 5 minutes in length
- The video must be in compliance with YouTube.com terms of service
- All participants shall be 18 and over
- May enter contest as an individual or as a group.
- Cash prize of $1,000 will be given to the winning individual or to the winning group to split amongst themselves your entry must be your own original work
- Each jingle submitted must be ORIGINAL. Any Jingle that is found to be plagiarized will be automatically disqualified.
- No profanity or vulgar language is to be used.
- Your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person by using their names, likeness or images without their express written consent.
- Entries may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that: is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda; is obscene or offensive; defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies; contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others; contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media); contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, (other than the member of your family or community for which you have received consent) including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead; contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead; communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law.
Bestlaminate reserves the right to reject any entry, in our sole and absolute discretion, that we determine does not meet the above criteria.
Bestlaminate indefinitely retains all right, title and interest and unrestricted use of each video, and may use it in any manner it deems appropriate without compensation given to the subjects, or producers, of the submission.
HOW WILL MY ENTRY BE POTENTIALLY USED?
All video submissions will be posted on www.Bestlaminate.net
Bestlaminate will feature the winning video/jingle on their homepage at www.bestlaminate.net and in other online promotions. Bestlaminate will screen each video submitted and upload the video to their site at their discretion.
Other than what is set forth below, we are not claiming any ownership rights to your entry. However, by submitting your entry, you: are granting us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: (i) use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze your entry and all its content; and (ii) feature your entry and all into content in the promotion in all media (now known or later developed); agree to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights you granted above; understand and acknowledge that the Promotion Parties may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to your submission and you waive any claims you may have resulting from any similarities to your entry; understand that we cannot control the incoming information you will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering, or what our representatives will remember about your entry. You also understand that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this Contest, you agree that use of information in our representatives’ unaided memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law; understand that you will not receive any compensation or credit for use of your entry, other than what is described in these Official Rules.
Please note that following the end of this Contest your entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of your entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use your entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry. If you do not want to grant us these rights to your entry, please do not enter this Contest.
HOW DO I ENTER?
- Go to the Contest web site at http://www.bestlaminate.net/jingle
- Register for the contest and with registration submit link to your jingle hosted on your YouTube account.
- After approval of your jingle we will ask you to send us your video file.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND PRIZES
During the Jingle Contest, visitors will be invited to view and rate entries. You will be able to submit your entry till June 15, voting is open till June 29th, 2012.
On June 30 2012 name of the winner will be posted on Bestlaminate’s website.
June 30th name of the winner will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Number of views
The decisions of the judges are final and binding. If we do not receive a sufficient number of entries meeting the entry requirements, we may, at our discretion void the contest.
One (1) Grand Prize. A US $1,000 cash bank check.
If you are a potential winner, we will notify you by sending a email message to your account provided at time of registration within seven (7) days following completion of judging. If the notification that we send is returned as undeliverable, or you are otherwise unreachable for any reason, we may award to a runner-up.
If there is a dispute as to who is the potential winner, we will consider the potential winner to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter the Contest. If you are a potential winner, we may require you to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. If you are a potential winner and you are considered a minor in your place of legal residence, we may require your parent or legal guardian to sign all required forms on your behalf. If you do not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, we may disqualify you and select a runner-up.
Winner may not designate someone else as the winner. If you are unable or unwilling to accept your prize, we may award it to a runner up; and If you accept a prize, you will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes related to accepting the prize; and
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY ENTERING?
By entering this Contest you agree to abide by these Official Rules; and to release Bestlaminate Inc. and its respective affiliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest, or any prize won; and that Bestlaminate’s decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to this Contest; and that, by accepting a prize, Bestlaminate may use of your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTRATED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of Ohio for any disputes arising out of this Contest.