Quality moldings are essential for a final touch and professional finish of your new floor.
- When trying to decide which laminate flooring moldings you need, there are a few questions that you need to ask yourself:
- What type of floor surface(s) is my laminate transiting to?
- Are these transitions going to be even with each other , or does one floor surface sit higher up than the other?
- For carpet transitions: is your carpet very thick? How is it secured at the transition - with a tack strip or a bull nose?
- Concerning mounting tracks: How high off of the subfloor is the surface of the floor going to be?
After you have this information, use the description below to help you determine which moldings would be best for your transitions.
END CAP This is a transition molding that is used primarily for laminate-to-carpet transition. The carpet butts up next to the rounded edge, while the lip covers the end of the laminate. This piece can also be used in front of the doorways leading outside, effectively capping-off the floor in front of the door-sill. These moldings are secured to the subfloor using track. 94” long
T-MOLDING Used in situations where you have two floor surface that are even with each other height- such as laminate-to-laminate, laminate-to-tile, laminate-to-wood, etc. It can be also used for laminate-carpet transitions. These moldings are secured to the sub-floor using track. 94” long
REDUCER Similar to the End Cap; this transition molding is sloped on one side, essentially tapering off the floor as opposed to capping. This piece is used for any transition where the two floors are not even with each other - laminate-to-vinyl, cement, tile/wood/laminate/etc, where the floor sits higher than the other. These moldings are secured to the subfloor using track. 94” long
STAIR NOSE This durable step moldings trim used to end the laminate on the edge of the steps. 94” long
QUARTER ROUND Nicely frames all flooring projects. Used either separately or together with wall base, to cover 1/4" gap that must be left around the perimeter of the floor. Common uses include installation in front of fire places, under the cabinets and in front of the face plate on steps. 94” long.
WALL BASE MOLDING Borders the floor for a finish look and is used around the perimeter of the floor to cover expansion gaps.Our wall base is 3-1/4" tall. Must be screwed or nailed in place.94” long.